Join La Grange!
We are one of California's largest and oldest cycling clubs with over 400 members nationwide. Primarily based in West Los Angeles, our club was founded by Raymond Fouquet in 1969 and has over the years fielded one of the top amateur racing teams in the United States.
We currently operate mens, womens and junior race teams in all categories both on the road and on the track, from beginner Cat 5 racers to experienced Cat 1 racers. Past members include a Tour de France stage winner, a racer in the 2012 Tour de France, an Olympic gold medalist, and numerous U.S. National, Mexican and California state champions. In 2007, La Grange received the USA Cycling CLUB OF THE YEAR award.
We welcome cyclists of all abilities as members, whether active racers, "sportive" riders or recreational cyclists. All we ask is that you bring a positive and supportive attitude to our club and the greater cycling community.
Our members enjoy special discounts from our sponsors, including Helen's Cycles, Cannondale, Castelli, Giro, Rudy Project, Mavic, Bonk Breaker, TriFit LA, Peet's Coffee & Tea and others. We also put on a number of events for our members, ranging from an annual three-stage intramural club race series for all members, regardless of experience or ability, to happy hours and an annual picnic and awards dinner.
We are also very active in the cycling community. Our public policy work with state and local government has led to major improvements in safety for all users of California roads. In addition, we have partnered with other non-profit organizations to help raise money for their missions, such as Meals on Wheels and the Howard Krepack Fund to Fight ALS.
Some of the Benefits of La Grange Membership:
- Help support grassroots bicycle racing and cycling generally in the community.
- Member-only discounts from many of our sponsors, including Helen’s Cycles, Cannondale, Castelli, Giro, Rudy Project, Mavic, Bonk Breaker, TriFit LA, Peet's Coffee & Tea and others.
- Member-only “Pro-Deals” for team apparel, bicycles, components and accessories, and nutritional products. Details are announced through the club email list throughout the year.
- Special events, such as the La Grange Cup, annual club picnic, annual awards banquet, happy hours and special group rides.
- Come race with us! Our members are our racers and our racers are our members.
- Become part of the legacy of Velo Club La Grange, one of the oldest and most respected cycling clubs in California.