Race Team Agreement
While any member of Velo Club La Grange may race and participate in club events, the race team provides additional support and opportunities to its members in the form of logistical and financial support, race clinics, camps, and other team events. In order to be a member of the race team, riders are required to abide by the following agreement.
- My membership with Velo Club La Grange will be in good standing and current during my time as a member of the La Grange Race Team.
- I will actively bike race (in any discipline) and participate in team events throughout the current race season.
- I understand that Velo Club La Grange has worked hard to develop relationships with Helen’s Cycling and other sponsors. I will respect the rules and requirements of these sponsors as each one outlines them.
- Riders must race in the official Velo Club La Grange team kit while competing for the La Grange Race Team.
- I agree to promote Velo Club La Grange, its sponsors, and the sport of cycling.
- Regardless of the situation, I will always act in a respectful manner to my teammates, other races, coaches, officials, and race organizers.
- Members are expected to volunteer to help organize and conduct La Grange events. Race Team members are expected to complete at least one significant volunteer role for the club during the year (e.g. driving the van and setting up Fort La Grange for one of the targeted races, volunteering to help run LG Cup events, and volunteering to help organize or run other club events throughout the year).
- I will adhere to the World-Anti Doping Association and US Anti-Doping Association rules and guidelines.
- Members may be removed from the race team at the discretion of the Team Captains if the rider is believed to pose a health or safety hazard to him or herself, or represents themselves or the team in a manner inconsistent with the team values.
- Any team member in violation of these rules may be removed temporarily or permanently from the team.